Friday, January 1, 2010

New day, New Month, New Year

I am looking forward to this new year. 2007, 2008, and 2009 were TOO hard where life is concerned. The end of 2008 was better when Jason got a job. 2009 got better when we moved and got even BETTER when I finished school. (My diploma came in the mail the other day!!)

I am looking forward to new opportunities and new adventures in 2010. I hope for more days of substitute teaching. The girls are starting basketball this month. I am looking forward to being busy with happy, uplifting things. I am looking forward to a new group of children to teach in Primary. Hopefully they will be more attentive than my own son was for me.

I am looking forward to the economy getting better, little by little. We certainly did our part during Christmas and New Years by having big FOOD parties.

I am looking forward to joining the Rec Center and have set a goal to use it everyday. (There is an indoor track. I think I can push myself to go walk around with Kelsey.) The Rec Center also has a pool and I would like to look into the Water Aerobics. I just want to feel better with less aches and pains and better breathing.

I am looking forward to the days getting longer. I am tired of the night and the cold. I have a nice sweater, so I am working on not being cold, but I would like the sun to be out more!

The one resolution I have for myself is to make sure I read the scriptures with my kidlets EVERYDAY! We have family prayer down pat. So much so that on Monday, the kids didn't have school so The Dad didn't wake them up at the usual 6:45 am. I thought they would appreciate the ability to sleep in. NOPE.

Austin: "Where's Dad?"
MOM: "He had to go to work."
Austin: "Dad couldn't have gone to work today."
Mom: "Why?"
Kelsey: "Because he didn't get me for famy payer"

So... for the rest of the week, they were woken up early - we said family prayer - and they all went back to bed. No grumbling at all.

So... Happy New Year to all. This will be a great one! I just know it!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Those sound like great goals Liz. Good for you. And sweet children to understand the blessing of those family prayers! Happy Day.

Becky said...

This will be a good year! I can feel it. Cutie pie kids! They learn faster than we do what's good for them....how do we grow out of that?