Sunday, January 3, 2010

The New Sunbeam

I can hardly believe it but little miss Kelsey went to Sunbeams today. Last week she said goodbye to the nursery. She talked all week about going to Sunbeams. She knew the name of her teacher - Sister Schmidt. She new that Grandma Alger was going to be the substitute for this first Sunday. She woke up this morning talking about going to Sunbeams.

In the middle of Sacrament meeting, she told me she wanted to go the Nursery - not Primary. Then when it came time to go to Primary she still did not want to go. I should have taken her down the other hallway, but I didn't think walking past the Nursery would cause any trouble.

She was devastated. Huge tears as she walked by the Nursery door. And one of the teachers was in the hall greeting the other children. Kelsey and I kept walking. We got the to Primary room door and she would not go in. None of the other kidlets had a hard time going from Nursery to Primary. This was a new experience for me. I also needed to go in to sit with my class.

Sister Brown saw that she was in distress and lovingly helped her to her class. This is why we have a Primary Presidency to love and care for our children.

Once we started singing the opening song, she was fine. She even raised her hand to participate in Sharing Time, only her comment had nothing to do with the lesson. She just needed to make sure everyone knew her birthday was on purple.

Now that's the Kelsey I know. :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sweet cute girl. I wish my birthday had a color. Interesting how differently our children react to the same things. I think her raising her hand is a very good sign.

Becky said...

I wish my birthday had a color too! Kelsey such a cutie pie. I miss her!!!!!!!!