Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Food

I actually went to Costco today - got everything on my list - and only spent $36.00.

I got...
4 gallons of milk
1 bag of 5 stalks of Romain Lettuce
1 bag of colorful bell peppers
1 large bag of broccoli
2 25lb bags of flour

I was so shocked at the register. I am resolved to make a menu and keep my food costs down.

Tomorrow night for dinner we are having Sloppy Joe's on homemade buns with salad and broccoli. It sounds good to me. I know Kelsey will eat the broccoli, Austin will eat the meat and bun, Sydney might eat the bun with or without meat, Allynn will eat all of it. The dad eats what I fix. Grandma and Grandpa... I hope they like it.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Grandma and Grandpa always like what YOU fix, because they don't have to fix it. The problem is not eating so much of it.

Kathy said...

What a great resolution. Love the break down of what everyone will eat. It's still like that at our house too.

Jeanna said...

A list makes a world of difference when you get to the register. I don't go to Costco that much bc we don't live that close to one, but if I were closer, undoubtedly I would buy more there and, thus, spoil my food budget!

Note to self: Do not live near a Costco-Ever!

Your dinner sounds yummy to me. The breakdown was hilarious, and super real! :)