Friday, April 24, 2009

My Mother - The Graduate

Mom is a graduate secretary in the College of Health and Human Performance at BYU. From what I understand, she reads the graduate students thesis papers, edits, and helps them complete all they need to be ready to graduate and is assistant to Dr. Lindsey. She started taking classes to help her do her job better. After 8 years of taking one class per semester she has graduated with a BA in English!!

As another function as graduate secretary, she plans the graduation. She sets the program and plans the meet-n-greet (party) for after the ceremony. She decided to "walk" with the students she has been working with and the faculty she has work with for years. I think it is great that she participated in the ceremony and party she planned.

I didn't get to go to the graduation, but thanks to technology I was able to share in some of the excitement. GREAT JOB, MOM!!! You are such a great example to me and my family!!

For video go here. For fun info about mom go here.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yaaaay Sandy!!! So great.

Anonymous said...

Yea for the MOM ! Yea for the MOM!