Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another memory

Reading Megan's blog again has reminded me of when I was little.

I am not sure if I remember the story from experience or if I remember it from being told the story a few times from my parents. Anyway, as the story goes, one year our parents decided to give each of us our own Sing With Me. This orange hymn book was a spiral bound book of the primary songs. The first time we were given the books for family home evening, I began to tear the pages out of the book. Shocked parents tried to stop me, but I was determined to make sure everyone had a copy of the music. That way everyone could sing. I didn't know that every page was a different song.
Now it is my turn as a parent to sing those songs with my children. We have the fights over who is going to lead the music, who is going to pick the activity, and which direction the hearts on the FHE chart should move, but we continue. And the child in charge of music stands on the fireplace brick, with a chopstick in their hand, to lead us in the songs. Great memories. Thanks for reminding me Megan!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good share-er!!

Julie J. said...

I'm pretty sure they only bought one book.... That is why you had to rip out the pages to share.

The Wells said...

Thats why I post these memories so you can help me remember it all.

Unknown said...

and the Busath traditions live on. You are all such good parents to have FHE with young children. You will see the rewards soon...

Kathy said...

I noticed your parents have two on their bookshelf at home. I wanted to look through one but was watching conference and then afterward forgot. Primary songs are the best! Love you!