Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do we ever slow down?

I thought that finishing school would mean that I have more time to do whatever I want. So far that is not the case. I have just replaced school work with substituting.

I did get some fun books at Barnes & Noble. Digital Fortress by Dan Brown, Deception Point by Dan Brown, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

I read Digital Fortress in two days. It was nice to not have to do anything for a couple of days. But then someone complained about not having any clean clothes to wear so I had to get laundry going. Then it seemed as though there was nothing to eat even though there was lots of food, so I had to go to the grocery store. I did start Deception Point. I am about half way through, but then I decided I better get some Christmas presents done. Then a teacher called for me to substitute for her class for Friday and Monday.

After subing for the whole day Friday, I came home made dinner and watched TV. My brain was fried. At 7:30 pm I was ready for bed - so I went in and thought I would read for a little while. I got through 2 pages and couldn't keep my eyes open. I was asleep before 8. I have not done that for a VERY long time. But at 6:15 am when Special K (that is the name grandpa is testing - we are not sure if she will let it stick) came in to poke my face, I was rested and ready to snuggle with her.

Then today I went with grandma to Ross. I don't think when we started at 9 am that we thought we would be gone until 3:30 pm, BUT we did get all of our shopping done. I have all my Christmas shopping done - all that's left is to wrap. And maybe a few more stocking things, but Santa can take care of that for me!

SIDE NOTE:
I did get my grades back on my finals - - B for Geology and A for Education Class. That means I passed both classes with a B and C+ respectively.

3 comments:

Becky said...

No. You have four kids. You will never slow down.

Good job on gettin' your Christmas shopping done!

Kathy said...

I'm jealous, you have your shopping done! Becky's right...mom/busy person - kind of synonymous

Unknown said...

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire are awesome books! Can't wait for book three!

-Eric
http://themockingjay.vndv.com