Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Overwhelmed

I am so behind - well I was behind. I felt like I was behind in everything and only more was coming. I was behind on homework. I was behind on laundry. I was behind on cleaning the bathroom. I was behind on blogging. I was behind on my shows.

Well - I am now caught up on the homework. It is Tuesday of Week 4 of 9. I am current in both classes and have read some of what is due for Thursday. I could be better prepared for the education class assignment due Friday, but I am not. It is a PowerPoint about gender bias in schools. Sometimes I feel like the more we talk about differences and prejudices, the more prejudice I get. I will be glad to have classes over. I am moving along!!

Yesterday and today I worked on getting caught up on laundry which provided me with time to get caught up on my shows. Mostly reruns of Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I like Goren. Anyway. Laundry is washed, amazingly folded, and I can't believe - put away. I am starting to feel better.

Tomorrow is also another source of anxiety. I will be substituting for the first time. I am very nervous. I have been told several times it is just like primary - but primary only lasts for 80 minutes at the most. This will be a class of first graders from 8 am to 330 pm. I hope I am ready.

Then tomorrow afternoon, The dad's parents will roll into town for a short visit. It is fun to see and visit with them. They will be coming for dinner. I think I will make potato soup since that is really easy and will be ready fairly quickly. Had I planned better, I would have purchased something to go in the crock pot - but I didn't. It is all good. Family is good at helping!

As for the bathrooms and the vacuuming - I guess that will have to wait another day since I decided to blog instead of clean.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope your day went well. Tell us about your first day subbing. I'm sure you did fine.

Becky said...

I can't wait to hear how your first day of substituting went!!!

Jeanna said...

Congrats on catch up! Having clothes PUT AWAY? Truly amazing.