Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More yard work ahead

Last Friday our friend came over to look at our sprinkler system to tell us just how much work we are in for. By the time we were done talking, I thought for sure we would never get sprinklers in our front yard and I would have to hand water forever. Jason being the great husband that he is, went out today and dug up some of the old sprinkler pipes so we could really see where the water is coming and going.

Here is what we found out -

There is water coming from the backyard to the font yard and there will not be as much digging through cement as we thought!!! YEAH!!!!!

It looks like we will need to do a little patching of pipe where we accidentally dug into it. Then we will be able to put in new valves for both the front and back yards. This will get the water to each yard. Then we will dig the new trenches for the pipe, which I think I will be working on while Jason and the kids are gone.

We may have lawn before the end of the summer.

I am sure we will have a better appreciation for what it takes to get this yard looking better. I hope I never have to do this again. If we ever move again, the yard will need to be done and the house will also need to be done. The only project allowed will be changing paint colors and even then I am not sure we will want to do that.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Keep up the good work! Here's to easier irrigation techniques.

Carpenters said...

I had to do yards in two houses I lived in. Hated it! I vowed I would never move into a house that did not have a backyard already!

Sadly you have to do the front and back. Feel for you girl!
EMilie