Thursday, July 24, 2008

More great things.

With the stress of school and Jason being out of work, I am trying to focus on good things. My mom keeps telling me to be in control of the things I can be in control of. Things like keeping my house clean, talking nice to my kids, getting yard work done, and more. Anyway. I have been trying to keep on top of things. Now as we start to think about whether or not we will have to or if we should move or whatever, I feel it is time to clean out the JUNK! So I started a couple of weeks ago with the office. It was a mess. We weeded out toys that were broken or not played with and even the ones the kids have out grown. Now we are working on the garage. We started yesterday and got a lot of garbage thrown away. I need to remind myself that if I would just throw it away in the first place, I would not have to do the massive overhaul every year. Anyway, today we will be working on that again. To the point of my more great things, I knew that once school started I would have three part-time child watching opportunities that would help bring in some money. Now today, a gal that I used to watch her baby boy who is now 4 called to ask me to watch her 10 month baby girl. YEAH!!!! This starts August 4th. I am so excited. And the hours are great for family life. We are being blessed!! They may not be the huge blessing we think we are in need of, but I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us. We keep paying our tithing and the bills keep getting paid!!! And Fastofffering every month. I certainly feel like a complainer to my husband, he is doing well to keep busy and keeps putting himself out there. We will see the fruits of his labor soon I know it!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you Liz and all you Wells. We all should be doing clean out - all kinds of clean out. Great example!
love, Aunt Kathy

Danila said...

What great advice your mom has given!
So often I spend all my time worrying about the things that I can't control and forget about the many things that I can, I love that little bit of advice. We too have the JUNK issue at our home and EVERY single year we have to revamp, clean, organize. It's crazy, but when it's all done, what a relief it is. It's amazing how Heavenly Father doesn't forget us. What a wonderful faith and testimony strengthening time for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I think Danila hits the nail on the head when she says "What a wonderful faith and testimony strengthening time for you and your family." You are a very special person--there's no one like you. This experience will stay with you always.

Jeanna said...

I agree with your mom. Too much time is spent worrying about things we cannot control. Take control of what you can and you will feel so much better! Make a list and attack something every single day, you won't regret it!

I know this is a hard time for you, but these are the times where you will find you have more faith than even you knew. The Lord watches over us all, you are never, ever alone in this.

CM Stephensen said...

Keep on plugging away!!!

Ok, so I've made my blog Friendly again... as long as you don't go into the POST itself, you won't read about any spoilers.