Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Post To Fill You In

I am in the 8th week of my Research Writing class. I will be very happy when it is over. I am hoping for at least a B. I have the rough draft of the paper done and now I need to beef it up from 1000 words to 2000-2500 words. I am sure I will be able to find more fluff with a little help from my mom and Laura who have taught me more than this class. I am very thankful for their help and encouragement to keep going. I am ready to be done. It is very close, since it is a 9 week class.

Today I went to the DETR (Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation) to test for a position there. I should have the results in about 2 weeks. It was pretty straight forward - a few math questions, reading comprehension, and situation questions. I had 2 1/2 hours to take the test and finished in 2. I feel pretty good about it. Now I just have to wait.

Jason will be taking a similar test on Thursday for a different position. Good Luck to him! He took the Census Test a couple of weeks ago when they all went to Utah. He passed! What that mean now, I don't know. We are still waiting.

As for the job hunt, we are still hunting. I have started watching a baby, which I think I blogged about already. Jason has a meeting with a recruiter tomorrow and another interview for a different company next week. Keep us in your prayers. Something is coming, we just don't know what.

It has been REALLY HOT. We had a week of temperatures over 97 degrees and a few of those were over 100. Then today it was 67 degrees for most of the day. The wind picks up here and the weather gets all kinds of crazy. Then about 3pm the temp went up. We are talking about going to CA this weekend to visit with Jason's parents. Our last get away before school starts. I am hoping for at least one great day so we can go to the beach. My kids have not been for a long time. I am not sure Austin has ever been and I am sure Kelsey has never been. This will be a fun trip. I am hoping Jason will show the kids how to body surf. We don't really have waves at Lake Tahoe. I will bring the camera and try to get some good pictures.

Then Monday school starts. I am not the only one excited for this. All the kids are ready to get back. They are "soooo bored"! We are looking forward to a better year for Allynn in 5th grade. Sydney will be in 3rd grade and yes, Austin will be in 1st grade. Where does the time go? It will be just me and Kelsey during the day taking care of the baby.

So, that is what we have been up to in a nut shell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Wells! We're praying for you.

Studyvin Says said...

Hi Liz and gang. You're welcome to come to KC with us. The kids and I won't be going for a while. But have Jason send his resume to Roy and see what happens. rstudyvin@gmail.com
When Roy interviewed for the job, I toured the Hallmark facility. He works just a few blocks from it. I had no idea it was even there. It was pretty cool--a tour of cards through history! Near the facility is a cool train station your dad would LOVE.