Friday, October 3, 2008

New Post

I know - no new posts for a while. I always want to know what is going on with everyone else and now it is my turn to get something written. I am in the 5th week of my current block of classes and I am struggling. This education class and the humanities class talk a lot about philosophy and how we are all shaped by the philosophy we live by. I am having trouble understanding where the the line is between religion and philosophy. The Western philosophies are logical and scientific. The Eastern philosophies are spiritual and introspective. I have religion in my life - doesn't everyone? What more do I need? I am so confused. I am hoping the next 4 weeks go by really fast and I pass with a C in each class. I am so confused that I think this post is confusing.

We are glad it is October. Allynn is counting down the days to her birthday when she will turn 11 and she and I get take her birthday trip to Disneyland. We are excited that we get to go. We were lucky enough that Jason had a left over Southwest ticket from when he was flying to So. Cal once a month and we are using his hotel points he accumulated all last year. I am excited for a break. And it comes at just the right time, my class finals are due that Sunday, so I am attempting to work ahead so I will have everything turned in by Thursday morning before we leave.

Our grass is still growing in nicely. That has been a great highlight to this year!! And now for the best news of all - Jason has been offered a position at Integra Telecom!! YEAH!!!! He starts on Monday in the Customer Service department which is where everyone starts with this company. The two men he interviewed with have been with the company for 6 and 8 years and were very encouraging about the growth this company expects despite the economy right now. We are excited. They ask that he work the customer service department for one year and then he is eligible to apply to other positions in the company. His office will not be 2 mins. down the street but it is in Reno and we are grateful for that!

Thank you for all the prayers and help we have received from friends and family. We have been strengthened by your love for us!!

Mom - I don't think we will be moving into your basement as soon as we thought. Maybe next time! :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
Such good news. Wonderful, wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

Hang in there with the classes - you'll do fine. And it sounds like it is counfusing. Religion? Philosophy? What is your religious philosophy? Don't people ask that question? Keep up the good work. You'll get it all figured out - and then off to the magic kingdom. Sounds like a good set up to me.

Katie said...

Hi Liz! I was looking through Emily Gibbon's friends, found Julie, and then found you! I hope you are doing well! Your family is beautiful....

Studyvin Says said...

I'm so glad Jason got a job. I know how hard it is to survive a lay off. Good luck!!