Monday, June 16, 2008

WEEK 8

I can't believe it! Today is the start of week 8 for my first two classes. This is the beginning of the end. These 7 weeks so far have gone so quickly!!

I am currently in CIS 105 which is a basic computer class that I should have paid $80 to test out of but I didn't and now I am almost done. I have this weeks two assignments due Thursday and Sunday about computer security systems and then I will have week 9 which is the final week for this class. The final project is a 12 -15 slide PowerPoint presentation about multimedia tools that aid classroom instruction. I have to include details about how each might influence learning and incorporate at least one image manipulated in a graphic program as well as a chart or graph developed in an Excel spreadsheet. Both should support specific conclusions drawn by the research. I also have a list of things I have to integrate and don't forget the detailed speaker notes.(not my favorite part) This due Sunday June 29th by 11:59 pm Arizona Time. I will be glad when I am finished!!!

The second class I am in is GEN 105 and I really wish I could have tested out of this class. The basis of this class is to make sure the student knows how to communicate with their computer, look up information, and speak nicely to one another. This week 8 is a read and discuss week where I read the assignment and then I have to answer discussion questions and then respond to other students discussion question answers. This is not always my favorite thing to do, especially when everyone pretty much answers the question the same way killing any type of discussion. The final project for this class is also due June 29th by 11:59 pm Arizona time. For this project I have to write a Student Survival Guide explaining the tools available to students and how to succeed as a student. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. So if I didn't think I was in front of the computer a whole lot now, next week will be even more.

Then on June 30th I start my next block of classes which lucky for me will only be one class. I was able to transfer in my math classes from West Valley and San Jose City so I will only be taking ENG 102 which is a research English class. I am glad for only one class for the next 9 weeks. With the kids out of school, we have wanted to go do fun things so I have to make sure my homework is done before we go play. One class will be easier to keep up with.

I am kind of enjoying it. I am getting good grades. And I think it will be over with before I know it!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you Liz - and it will be over before you know it. You'll do great! Aunt Kathy

Jeanna said...

Nice job Liz! Isn't school so much fun? I loved it. But I was also super relieved when it was over.

Good luck in the final stretch, and have fun in that English class.