Friday, September 4, 2009

Flushing the van and eating the paper

Today Kelsey and I took the van in to have the transmission flushed and serviced. This is not a quick process. Lucky for us there was a McDonald's within walking distance, and it had a play place.

After playing for a while, we got baby ice cream cones. Kelsey thought these were so cool. As we were sitting there enjoying our tasty treat - I bit into the cone. She was shocked and quickly asked, "Mommm, why are you eating the paper?" I told her it was the cone and that you are supposed to eat it. She gave me a funny look and kept licking hers.

Then, when there was only ice cream in the cone, she looked a little disappointed. I told her to bite it and that it was like a cookie. So she did. She thought that was so fun.

I guess I have not done a good job of exposing my children to the finer things in life.

3 comments:

Becky said...

That is so cute! What a simple but sometimes necessary pleasure...ice cream on a cone...now she knows!

The Sadlers said...

Next you need to introduce the waffle cone. A whole new realm of pleasure.

Kathy said...

aaah to be the youngest