Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time to post

I have been sick for three weeks now. Congested, tired, and more. Today is a better day. I have also been doing a lot of biology homework. This week is the final week, so I have a short capstone essay due Wednesday and the final paper (1075 words) due Sunday.

Last week we attended the funeral for Jason's grandfather. We were sad to see him go, but he was 90 and not doing too well lately. Grandma will surely miss him too. It was a very nice service. We started the morning at the graveside service. So many friends came and all the family was there. After, was a memorial service at their church. It was a happy service, but something was missing. I have not been to too many non-Mormon funerals. Each time there just seems to be something missing. Mostly the talk about the great plan of happiness which tells us why we are here and where we are going next.

Grandpa Shirley is probably very busy getting reacquainted with his first wife and son who had gone before and getting to know Laurel's (Grandma's) first husband. Then I am sure he will get right to work. He strikes me as the guy that will be chomping at the bit for his temple work to be done. Jason's dad, I'm sure, is already getting the paperwork ready to get that done.

I am thankful for the knowledge I have that we will all be together again as a family.

2 comments:

Danila said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. We have been fighting bouts of the same with our entire crew for 3 weeks now. I'm also sorry to hear about Jason's grandpa, it's so wonderful to have the gospel and to know for a surety what the plan is hereafter and the opportunities we have to do temple work for those who are on the other side waiting for us.

Emily said...

I hate the sickies!!! they're like a plague that haunts every winter! (PS. i blame utah for that, so dont burst my bubble!!) glad you're feeling better now!