Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

This is a fun day for me! Actually it is a fun week. The Dad is really good at remembering things for this week in February. Maybe he has alerts on his Outlook calendar, but that is OK. I also think this week is big for him because our anniversary is the 16Th. The two days become one, but that is OK. Every year since we have been dating, he has given me flowers for Valentine's Day. This year was no exception. They arrived from Pro-flowers.com on Monday. And he even remembered to NOT get a vase this year. The vases have been collecting over the years. So I was really impressed when he remembered. He also started out always giving roses. Now he branches out to other flowers like these tulips and iris. I think I like the variety! Then on Tuesday, FedEx came again. This time they brought a medium size box. I had not ordered anything, so this was a surprise. On the outside of the box were instructions for opening the box. "Go into room by yourself. Hide behind something. Open box, and enjoy." I was just a little bit worried about what I was going to find inside this box. Little did I know the instructions were necessary. I was glad my kids weren't home because I opened it in the kitchen. When I opened the box there was a lot of stiff Styrofoam. That was a relief because I did not want lingerie. The top part of the Styrofoam had an ice pack in it. Now I really didn't expect to find what I did inside. The Dad had 12 HUGE chocolate covered strawberries sent to me. They were beautiful and really tasty. I would say they were close to the size of a golf ball each. And the chocolate - YUMMY! This is just the start of a great week with it ending with the weekend get-a-way!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

Those look so yummy and the flowers look beautiful!