Monday, February 11, 2008

Counting the Days!!

It is Monday, and I am counting the days for Friday night to come. This Saturday will be our 12th Anniversary. We are leaving our children home with friends and going away for the weekend. I know I have already talked about this, but the excitement of leaving 4 children home while The Dad and I go away is just the best. Two and a half days of doing my own thing. Closing my eyes for 15 minutes without someone poking me or asking me a question. Two and a half days of no dirty diappers. Two and a half days of no "Mom, she's looking at me!", "Mom, he won't get out of my room!". Two and a half days of not making anyone anything to eat, for them to turn their nose at it but eat it anyway, and then be starving 15 minutes later. Two and a half days with just The Dad. It will be a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

Where are you going to go?

The Wells said...

Disneyland. and on Monday Jason has a seminar he wants me to go to with him. I don't know, maybe I will go to Disneyland without him. And go through all the shops and stuff my kids never want to do.

The Wells said...

I also would like to drive around Souther California a little to find other things we can do when we go down there. Things that don't really cost a lot of money.

Kim said...

Hi, Liz. I just noticed your blog listed on Julie's and thought I'd visit. Your family looks great. I hope you have a fun time at Disneyland.