Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I hurt all over!

During my travels through the box of memories, I came across a "skinny picture". You know the kind. When you were younger, more active, and before the 4 children. In this skinny picture I am holding my ice cream and The Dad's ice cream while he takes the picture. Little did I know that that ice cream would never leave my body. I have actually been working on that. I have been going to Curves for over a year now. I do really well for a while and then my body starts to hurt and I can't seem to get myself out of bed to get there. Well, for the last 2 weeks, I have gone everyday. My body hurts again. I have talked to my Doc. about it. I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong and creating more body stress than I should. That is not the case. Apparently I have to break down before I build up. I definetly feel better. I have more energy. I am drinking less Pepsi. I don't seem to freak out at my children as much. It is working. I just don't want to hurt. For Christmas, The Dad gave me a foot massager. When we first tried it, I was not certain it was worth the money spent on it. Today, I have a very different opinion. I am feeling better already. So to all those that are working to look like the "skinny picture", keep up the good work. I am in the hope boat that it is working.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Good for you Liz! I think what your doctor said is true, you do have to break down before you can build up. Also, no what what you are trying to do...especially exercise I think your body reaches a threshold and the threshold changes for good if you keep at it. It's hard to break through, but it is so worth it.

Also, good job on drinking less Pepsi...I know you love it, but you and your body and your teeth and your bones will be so much happier for it. You should cut it out all together if you haven't already.

How come you didn't post the skinny picture you described? I would like to see it...it's your hair cut in it, isn't it? Just kidding. =)