Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last Day of School!

Well, our kids our now out of school for the summer. I am happy and bugged at the same time. The rest of this week will be great since they will be new to being home. Then next week, they will want to start doing things but we will be cleaning our house. The week after that is Sydney's birthday trip so at least I won't have to be here when the others are bored. But then when we get home, they will have been out of school for three weeks and it will be time for them to go back. The year round school idea looks better and better every year. I just hope we get to go to Lake Tahoe like we planned, one day a week. I also hope to make it to Grandma A's house this summer for about a week and we want to go to Mema's too so we can visit with those cousins and go to the ocean beach not the lake beach. (Thank you Allynn for the clarification!) So we may be busy, but who knows. I would like to get the yard finished before it gets hot, although with the way the weather has been the last week, maybe it won't get hot. However, grass in the backyard this year is the goal and then the kids can have a real oasis to play in the sprinkler and plastic pool.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Our last day of school is tomorrow... any advice on surviving the summer??!?!?!? I don't know what I'm going to do with them!!!!

Jeanna said...

Sister Hinckley I am not. Do you remember hearing how she loved summers? How she cried when her kids went back to school? Now that is a good mom, it makes me feel guilty that every summer I am wishing the kids would go back to school. They get bored too. Summer is only fun for a few weeks, then everyone is ready for a change. I think I might be in agreement with year-round school.

Jeanna said...

by the way, sweet bathroom pics. I love what you did with the place. We have some home improvement work that needs doing and it overwhelms me. Good on ya!