Monday, January 28, 2008

Is It Spring Yet?

It is the end of January and I am FREEZING!!! Today we had a 2 hour delay for school because the roads were so icy. Sunday we had about 2 1/2 inches of snow to clean up before we could get the cars out to go to church.

The first year we lived here, our bishop canceled church one Sunday because there was too much snow. Now we have a bishop who grew up in Alaska and says there is not much snow out there and the pioneers still went to church why can't we!? I do agree with him. Just because there is snow on the ground does not mean that church or school should be canceled or delayed. I grew up in Montana where the buses didn't make it into town if it was 25 degrees below zero, and school was not canceled unless it was 55 degrees below zero.

However, I do see now why they make those changes here. The city is not really prepared for large amounts of snow. The roads don't get plowed and if they do it is only the major streets. I do believe in safety first.

And this year I must be getting old. I am so cold!!! And I don't want to turn up the heater because I don't want to pay the bill. We try to keep it at 68, but sometimes that does not seem warm enough. So I sit on the couch with a blanket and my kids sitting around me, hoping to stay warm.

I am ready for warm sun and sitting on the beach at Sand Harbor, trying not to get a sunburn.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm with you...I'm so ready for Spring!