Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Mom I have nothing to wear!"

Last year, February, we had a problem with our dryer and needed to get a new one. We had already been having problems with our washer, so it was time to upgrade and get new ones. It was kind of sad to part with the first thing we bought as a married couple. It was even the very first check I ever wrote for more than $1000. They lasted 1o years. When looking at what style we wanted, the large capacity was the winner. The idea of washing everything at one time was great. And I have had great joy from larger loads at one time, making laundry less of a chore than it used to be. Now if it would fold itself, I would be a very happy person.
Now as far as I know, everyday we get up , we go to the bathroom, and then put some clothes on. And this cycle has proven to repeat itself every 24 hours. (with the exception of holidays, weekends and sick days.) So why is it that just about every morning one child, including the dad, will tell me 10 minutes before it is time to leave the house that they have nothing to wear.


As you can see, there are plenty of clothes washed. Apparently they are not wearable until they are folded. (Which I should be doing right now, but I am writing instead.) These cloths are clean and not even all the clothes this family owns. So where could the clothes be mysteriously disappearing? I decided that I need to do some investigating. This is what I found.


The Girls Room: 2 girls Ahla & NeeNee

Not too bad, but where are their clothes?

Not in the dirty clothes bin! These are shoes.

The girls have me stumped, so I will move onto the other two's room.


Ohtee & KeeKee

They are little so I didn't expect to find too many clothes here. Ohtee is actually pretty good at picking up the clothes to get them washed. He has a healthy respect for dad and they work together on it. Now what I found in this room was a bit bothersome.

These are supposedly the clean clothes.

I realize this is a time where I need to pick my battles. If this is the worst these children ever get, I will not have much to complain about. I am sure that me being the parent has much to do with how they take care of their clothes. I could teach them better. I know that as a child I was not the best at keeping things picked as so very well explained by my sister (The Orange Oracle: Go Clean Your Room - Instant Hysteria, December 2007). She described our room exactly how I remember it!

As for now, I am charged with making sure we all have enough clothes for our trip this weekend to Disneyland. Packing is not great, but at least for a few days, they will have enough clothes to wear each day.

No comments: