Thursday, January 15, 2009

Engcouragement

Today I got the latest email forward from my cousin's mission. He talks about wrestling with the Lord when trying to understand what is wanted. At the end of the letter he shares a power statement "Pain is temporary. Glory is forever".

I was in need of these words, only I am going to change them a little bit. "School is temporary. Knowledge is forever". This is the last few days of my latest block of classes and I am counting how few points I can get on the final papers and still pass the class. This is not the way I am supposed to do it. I should be working the best I can, to get the best grade. I am coping to get through.

I set myself a plan to accomplish the two papers I need to write. Now if I would just stop finding other things to do, I just might accomplish what I have set for myself.

Here is the plan -
Today - write 2100 words relating as close as possible to the Education class topic. I would like to have this done by 4 pm when all my kids get home. It is now 12:52 pm. I have compiled 1856 words so far, which makes me happy. However, the words are not quite in a nice, flowing, final paper format (certainly not APA yet). I was on a pretty good roll this morning. Then it was time to change a diaper, get a snack, pick up the baby who fell off the chair she was climbing on, ask Kelsey to only worry about her sippy cup (Kelsey's is orange, Renni's is purple). Then since I was upstairs, I stopped to check Quicken to make sure we were not to close to the ZERO line(OK so far). Then it was time to go pick up Enid at school. Then I put baby down for nap and made the big girls lunch. Now I am totally distracted. I may need a nap, but I will forge on.

And that is only one paper.

I will save my ranting about the other paper for tomorrow when I am again looking for other things to do instead of my homework. :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You can do it Liz! I have total faith in you and your abilities. Hats off to you for forging on even with all the other things you have on your plate.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You know, when I did school I was single, foot-loose and fancy-free. I give you a lot of credit for going back to school with being a full-time mom. Keep it up, Elizabeth! It will all be over before you know it.