Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blogging Catch-up night

Last weekend we decided to go to Hollister for the last weekend before school started. We left Friday morning for our trip over the hill. We had a great time visiting with The Dad's family and took the kids to the beach. For Austin and Kelsey, this was their first time to the ocean. Allynn and Sydney had been before, but Allynn must have been about three and Sydney was not one yet. These two informed us they were too young and that visit didn't count. Whatever -- A great time was had by all!!
The mad dash for the water.
It is cold!
Well, not that cold.
Here comes a wave! Lets get ready
We weren't ready!
Did you see that wave just knock us all over!!!!
The Land Lovers. At one point both The Dad and Duane were on their phones. At least they weren't talking to each other. (on the phone, I mean)
Kelsey did not leave the blanket for most of the day. She was not impressed with the sand on her feet. She was pretty happy to just sit on the edge and put her hands in it.
Hey Austin! Look out for the wave behind you!!!
Too Late! (Can you see his foot?)
"I do not like the salt. I like the waves, but not the salt."
We did not loose any children. We did, however, loose a yellow sand form which at one point came back just to be swept out to sea again. The life guard, who I assume was bored, offered to swim out to get it, but it was gone.
Thanks anyway.
The Dad!
He is not much of a beach goer now that he is old, but he had a great time anyway.
Allynn - not excited when it was time to leave, but was very relieved to take a shower to get all of the sand off. A few days later she finally believed me when I told her the sand would never really be gone. "Is it bad if there is sand in my ears?"
Sydney - She played in the water for a little while, but decided that the salt was not worth it. She played nicely in the sand with the land lovers and manged to not get one bit of sunburn.
Austin also did not like the salt. He was the one that swallowed the water and threw-up in the sand. He was quick to bury it and head back to the water. Good Job, Bubba Dubba!
Kelsey was happy to stay out of the water. Her favorite part was when The Dad got out of his seat so she could steal it. He also left his drink behind. Finders Keepers. I was the one taking the pictures, so of course there are not any of me. I wore my sweat shirt the whole time. I know I looked exactly like my mother sitting on the beach -- in my chair with my hood on and a towel over my legs. We didn't take any snacks, and I was missing a Good Housekeeping, but I thought about it and that should count. This was a great way to end the summer break.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Those pictures, with the commentary - Priceless! Made me laugh. Looks like a lot of fun.

Julie J. said...

I MISS ALLYNN!!!! SEND HER BACK TO US!!!!