Monday, August 11, 2008

Family gone, but am I ready for them to come home?

Well, I did finally find things to do. Kelsey got sick, we found a home for our dog Roxie, I visited with friends, and rested.

I didn't have too much of a problem Wednesday since that was the day everyone left. The evening was quiet and Kelsey and I laid on my bed and read books and watched TV.

Thursday I watched the little baby I had to stay home for. She has been sick and I have only had her starting last week, so she was not fun to have. Kelsey also has been sick with an infection so we had to go to the Dr to get antibiotics. She does not like the medicine so it has been fun getting her to take it. I hold her down, pry open her mouth, squirt a little bit in her mouth and then tell her "good job, Kelsey, good job". Then she gets Lemon Lime soda in the can with a straw. That seems to make everything better. Between these two babies, I am always glad when it is nap time, during which time I tried to read more research for my persuasive paper. The ruff draft is due on Wednesday.

Thursday night Roxie met her new family and went home with them. I didn't think I was so attached to her already, but I was sad to see her go. I didn't sleep much that night which made Friday a day of pretty much nothing. As soon as Kelsey and the baby were asleep, I laid down to take a much needed rest.

Saturday was just me and Kelsey. We returned some movies to Blockbuster and had dinner with some friends in our ward. She was still not feeling that great so she didn't eat anything, but she did jump on the trampoline and play with our friend's dogs. She was tired when we got home so we went to bed.

Sunday was church, so pretty much the excitement of the day was taken care of. Sacrament meeting, Primary, go home. We took a rest and then went to another friends home for dinner with the missionaries. We had a great time talking while Kelsey chased their cats. She was tired after that too so we came home and went to bed.

Today is Monday. We had the baby over again today. She seems to be felling better which makes her happier. I think we will like her. Kelsey is taking her medicine so she is feeling better too. We went to Costco to get diapers (We hope the last two boxes.) and then came home a put the babies to sleep. I have been reading more research and trying to formulate my thoughts for this research paper. I am so rusty on the whole school thing. I didn't realize until last week that all the assignments are designed to prepare for this one paper. I am doing it the hard way. Hopefully for the next class I will catch on sooner and stay ahead.

That is my time alone in a nutshell. Not much going on. Today all the family gets home and tomorrow we will go to Lake Tahoe and swim in the lake. It should be a very nice day.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Too bad about the sick babies - but sounds like you got some good rest too.