Monday, September 1, 2008

Next class

I opened my class discussion for ENG 102 to find that I received and A- for the class. I am very happy with that. I thought for sure I would not get an A on my final paper, but I did. YEA ME!!

Now today I start my next two classes. During the next 9 weeks I will be taking AED 200 and HUM 205.

AED/200 Contemporary Issues in American Education
COURSE DESCRIPTION
This course provides an overview of the teaching profession. It introduces the student to the various issues affecting teachers. Its primary focus will be on contemporary issues teachers and educators face in today’s schools. Throughout the course, all aspects of the teaching profession will be incorporated from the diversity of students in the classroom, to school organization and governance, to teaching philosophies and instruction. This course provides a foundation for understanding the education profession.

HUM/205 World Culture and the Arts
COURSE DESCRIPTION
Culture and the arts play a complex role in enriching the human experience. This course will analyze the social role of the arts in the early civilizations through the present day. Learners will explore the key contributions in visual art, architecture, literature, and music of the civilizations presented in this course. In particular, learners will construct a virtual museum comprised of various artifacts representing several cultures.

I am not sure if I am ready for these to classes, but I am ready to be done with school. In order to be done, I need to keep on going. I have now completed 4 classes. I have 12 more to go including these two I am taking now. These 12 classes will be accomplished in 7 more 9 week blocks for a finish date of February 2010.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your class grade. You Rock! Good for you and you'll do fine in your new classes - they both sound very interesting - I kind of like humanities stuff though and the education class - well - it just does sound very interesting to me. Bless you Liz! Love you.
OH - and your calendar of events - do you guys get Halloween off every year? If so - LUCKEEEE Let's all celebrated Nevada day (I actually think they should move it to Nov 1st because the day AFter Halloween really is the day all the kids should stay home!)

Julie J. said...

Good Job! I'm betting you get straight A's. I think I would love to take that humanities class. It sounds cool. You ate already 1/4 of the way done! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, just keep swimming.

Emily said...

congrats on the grade but i don't envy the fact that you're in school... NO thank you!

for subbing info, i visited the individual district websites, i'm in salt lake, so i went to the salt lake city school district's website...

Anonymous said...

Great job on your grade and your paper! I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately--working full time is challenging.