Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break - Day 2

Day 2 was spent at the beach. And it was a gorgeous day for the beach. I just forgot how long it takes to get everyone ready for the beach.

1st I covered myself in sunblock and got myself ready to go. 
2nd I got the kids up and covered each of them in sunblock.
3rd I got breakfast ready (egg mcmuffins)
4th Helped The Dad get covered in sunblock.
5th Made sandwiches and gathered lunch stuff.

It was a busy morning. The thing that took the longest was convincing my children that they wanted to wear their swimming suites to the beach. They all thought for sure they would just sit on the blanket and read a book. No one was going to go near the cold, salty water, that pushes you over if you are not watching. After I made sure they all had their suits on, we were off. We were meeting Melanie at Tamarack Beach which was only 10 minutes from where we were staying. We were totally late. But finally got there. It was so beautiful.

The kids were still sure they were not going near the water. They are spoiled Lake Tahoe swimmers, where the water is clear and still and not salty. Aunt Kirin marched right to the water and they followed her like the Pied Piper. After that, they were hooked.
So while we visited, they played and played. Sydney was the first to get tumbled by a wave. Then Austin, determined to stand his ground, got a face full of wave that beat up against his body. Kelsey did a few funny things that I got on video, but haven't figured out how to add it to this blog. Allynn was disturbed by the sand crabs, but still kept coming into the water. As they got braver, they would go out a little farther. This beach was a surfer beach, so they couldn't get out too far or they might get hit. That was probably a good thing for this mother that didn't want to have to go rescue anyone.

At one point while we were there, a pod of porpoises surfed the waves for a few minutes. I will have to get that picture from Kirin or Papa. That was so fun to watch. We could not have planned that. There were probably 5 of them just out there with the surfers, riding the waves.

Thanks Odude for a great time at the beach. We will have to come back again.

After being at the beach, we all showered off at the pool and swam there for a while longer. I am surprised no one was all pruney before we were done.
The view from the pool. (There were too many other people in the pool, so I didn't think it would be a good idea if I took a mass picture of them.  I will try again. The dark blue on the horizon is the ocean. And right through the trees you can see some lights, that is Legoland.)

The evening was finished off with dinner and a great Easter Family Home Evening taught by Sydney and a card game called BANG. No one complained about bedtime at 9 pm tonight. And all were asleep within minutes of laying down.

Tomorrow we are headed to Old Town San Diego. (I keep saying Old Town Sacramento).

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I wish I was there.

Studyvin Says said...

I'm SOOOOO jealous, wish I was there too!