Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eye Doctor

Today, Austin, Sydney and I went to the eye doctor. These two kidlets have had a hard time catching on to reading. They do OK, but are not quite up to snuff. So in an effort to help them, I took them to the eye doctor to make sure they could see the board and the books they are asked to read. Sure enough - they can see. The doctor said they can see, they can focus, the problem may be in their interpretation, and I can't help with that. So - we will continue with the efforts we are already taking. More and more and more reading. The need to practice. Sydney's teacher sent home some short lessons to help her with her decoding. For Austin - we have a great lady in our ward that works in the school district's reading recovery program. She is meeting with him to help him out.

The annoying thing is they are both so stinking smart that they are bored with practicing. I hope they will find a love of reading!

I also had my eyes checked. I already wear glasses and am in need of a new pair. I thought I just couldn't get the pair I have clean any more. Turns out, my eyes are getting worse and the prescription has changed. I was amazed at the difference during the test. The doctor also dilated all of our eyes.

I learned something about getting your eyes dilated. Not only does it make your pupils huge, but it makes your kids REALLY LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. (Maybe I was just annoyed with the stinging eyes - who knows.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! never had my eyes dilated! i'll have to watch out for that one!

i've been feeling like i cant get my glasses clean lately either! maybe i need a new pair!

ps this is emily