Wednesday, December 10, 2008

School

It's that time again. I am in the sixth week of my latest block of classes. However, my house is not so clean this time. I am really enjoying my history class. It is U.S. History since 1945. So when it comes to history - it is pretty much about yesterday. It has been fascinating to read about the U.S. after World War II and discover that everything that happens today, pretty much happened already, just with different players. I am always reminded of those Seminary lessons about the Nephites cycles of righteousness. How there is always good time followed by really bad times. And the pattern is the same now. Things go really good until they are so good we loose sight of what is important. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and we stop placing Heavenly Father first. After WW II the people were so happy to have their loved ones back that there was great prosperity and a baby boom. Then people got complacent and wanted - "Keeping up with the Jones". Anyway. I am enjoying this class. I could do without all the writing, but the reading is fun.

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

I have never made it through a history class.... At least not a college history class. And I have tried like three times.