Monday, May 19, 2008

It's a Good Day

Today I woke up happy, inside happy. I haven't felt happy for about a week and the end of last week was horrible!! But today I am happy. Jason and I sat down and evaluated our "plan" and I feel we are back on track. We have been hugely blessed. Somehow, somewhere, money keeps coming in to take care of our needs.

Jason has passed his state insurance exams and is now working on getting the actual license he needs to be a Farmers Insurance Agent. He is really pretty excited about this prospect. I also applied to some school district positions with hope to get something part time to supplement our income. Jason is still looking for a full time job and has had a few interviews. Now we just need him to get picked. It is starting to feel like school sports. Everyone is there standing in a line and you don't want to be the last one picked. I think that is why he wants to have his own business. Then he gets to be team captain!!

Another reason I am happy - Tomorrow Austin and I go on our Birthday trip to Disneyland. He is so excited and has planned what rides to go on first. He has also never been on an airplane. I think he may be most excited about that. He has also planned out our food for the day and a half we will be gone.

For breakfast he would like to eat at the hotel at their free breakfast. We are staying at Super 8 this time, so the breakfast will most likely be Costco muffins, OJ, and cold cereal. Good thing he is 6 because that will be a great breakfast.
For lunch he wants to take bagels and cream cheese with ham. This way he can eat in line.
And for dinner he would like us to get pot pies to put in the microwave. He then turned to look at me and asked "the room will have a microwave?" He is thinking of everything.
I am really looking forward to spending time with just him. I am a little nervous about driving in Southern California by myself, and we are getting a compact car. I am sure it will be fine but I haven't done much freeway driving for over 5 years. Good thing we won't be in any hurry!

I do need to still get my homework done before I go and there is always laundry to be done.

1 comment:

Emily said...

it's amazing how just having a plan can give you some hope and make you happy....not to mention, I don't know how anyone could be said when DISNEYLAND is on the calender!?!?!?!?