Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Joys of Primary

I have been the Primary President in our ward now for 1 year and 4 months. During this time I have had two first counselors, two music leaders, many primary and nursery teachers, and many cub scout leaders. And now with spring and summer here, I am in the process of changing it all up again. This time I am in need of a new 2nd counselor, and of 8 primary classes, I need to change 5 teacher because the people currently in those positions are moving. I must say, that for how often these callings change between people moving and just common reorganizing, I have had a nice stretch of no change.
Before, I have also not had too much trouble will submitting names to the Bishopric. This time, I am having a really hard time. Today was the confirmation of most of the moves, so I got an updated ward list and will start going down the list. I am sad to see these great people move on, but know that they are on to new adventures. Some of my hesitation is very selfish. I now have to train new people.
I have been spending much time on my knees asking for help and guidance for The Dad to get a new job, now I will be adding a little more time to find great people to help me teach the children of our ward.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

I didn't know you were the PP! Great job. I loved doing it and I never really had too much work, except for the CONSTANT reorganizing. It becomes quite arduous if you ask me. Good luck with the calling(s) and with the job hunt.