Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Busy days trying not to fullfill the deductable

I have not done too good about posting something everyday. I am sure I have had things happen blog worthy, I am just busy.

I did a half day sub job on Monday - I like those. I have not quite graduated from 1st grade (except for the one half day 4th grade - and one half day kindergarten). I am really liking 1st grade. There are three teachers from the same school that call me at least once a week. It is nice to have that one day out. I am still always nervous driving to the school, but once I am there I fall into the routine and all goes well. This week I will also be in on Friday and then Tuesday and Friday next week. I really like having the days planned in advance.

So... girls are in basketball. They love it. Allynn says there is much more running involved than she expected. (6th grade girls are playing the full court). Sydney has only had a practice so far. Not as much running yet. They are both having fun! Both girls were asked to play nice and not get hurt.

While taking Allynn to basketball practice today Kelsey informed me that she needed a ballet class where I could "drop her off... Not basketball...ballet". I guess I will be looking into 3 year old (almost 4) classes in ballet.

I posted previously about a sledding trip we took. Austin crashed into the post of a backstop. Anyway... He got a bruise and then seemed to be fine on Monday when it was time to go to school. He does not complain about any pain so we thought he was fine. Well, now he does not walk right. The Dad decided it was time to go to the doctor to make sure there is not any damage to his body we cannot see. The Dad goes to an Osteopath (for lack of a better description chiropractor/MD). This doctor did a great job of asking Austin questions about what hurts and what doesn't.

A problem we have with Austin is that he seems to remember everything we talk about - but not always in a good way. The dad and I have been talking about Austin's gait for a few days. We can see there is a slight crookedness to the way Austin is walking. We tried not to talk about it when his ears are listening because then a limp is added to the walk. The doctor had Austin do a few things which helped to determine if there was anything wrong. I am not sure if Austin walking back and forth in the small exam room gave the doctor all the information he needed, but I felt like it was a thorough exam. Then we were sent to get X-rays of his pelvis, left hip, and left knee. We should know more tomorrow.

All this brings me to the mail we got two days ago. In the envelope was the Year End EOB (Explanation of Benefits). Between The Dad and Allynn we hit the family deductible. Why couldn't Austin have had all this done before the 31st of December. I am really hoping we do not fulfill anymore maximum deductibles this year! (But if we have to... lets hit the mark by April so the rest of the year is paid for).

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh yeah - those deductibles - never seem to hit them at the right time.

Whitney said...

haha Kelsey is so funny!

Becky said...

There was a kid on my mission that hurt his upper leg in football (he was like 10). He seemed to recover fine and it didn't seem serious then a little while later he was kicking a ball around with his brother in their yard and he fell down, not even on the same leg and broke his femer, which I've heard is one of the most painful things you can experience. Anyway, because he barely fell and didn't even fall on that leg, they think that he actually fractured his femer in football and then broke it so easily as a result of the first injury. Anyway, I hope Austi Pasti is fine!