Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Memory

I have a vivid memory of a ward Christmas party when we lived in Holiday, UT. I must have been 5 or 6 years old. I can picture the gym full of people and stations where we did different crafts. That was the year we did Shrinky Dinks for Christmas ornaments. There was a coloring page station and the best of all, a Santa Station.

Santa sat on a raised platform. I remember having to climb the stairs up to talk to him. I remember his hands. They were so familiar. Then I looked in his eyes and knew right away who he was. I then whispered in his ear - so no one else could hear me - "I know it's you Dad. I won't tell."

4 comments:

Becky said...

CUTE!!!!

Julie J. said...

I'm pretty sure you told me, because I remember that too.

Jeanna said...

So fun! Your dad is pretty darn cool. I saw him today by the way!

Kathy said...

Nice to have such a great connection! We didn't realize - we'll start sending our Santa letters to American Fork.